The term video SEO (search engine optimization) is used when describing video content optimization in order to improve search engine traffic. The chief goal when using a video SEO is to ensure that your video content will appear in video search engines. It also guarantees that your video content will appear in organic search results when using the major search engines (Google, Bing, etc.). However, the thing about video SEO is that the traffic your video content generates will be directed to your website. It will not be directed to the provider of your video hosting.
All in all, video SEO is very beneficial in attracting potential customers to your website. However, do you know how best to make use of it? Do you know the best strategies to make your video SEO more effective? And do you know what benefits you can get if you utilize it? If you do not, or if you still have some confusion about it, then please read on and get your questions answered.
Best Strategies To Make Your Video SEO Effective
Here are some strategies you need to take note of in order to make your video SEO more effective.
- Your video content should provide new information and solve problems. In order for your video to rank well in search engines, you need to be able to provide great content. The content of your video should also be able to provide useful new information and should be able to help solve problems.
- Make sure that your videos are easy to browse and that they link to individual pages that are capable of video playback. Make sure that your videos can be easily found and that they are user friendly. Also, make sure that you link individual pages where viewers can easily watch your videos again. In addition to that, you can gather your videos and establish a user-friendly resource center for your videos where your viewers can easily search for your content. You can also make a gallery or a video portal and use tags so that it would be easy to find exactly what users are looking for.
- Make sure that you have a video sitemap. A video sitemap is one of the basics of video SEO. Each and every entry in your video must have a link towards a landing page for a video. This is why it is important to have a video gallery or a video resource site.
- Allow other people to embed your videos. As you create your videos, you should also allow them to be embedded by other people. Your viewers might want to incorporate your video content into their work so make sure that they have this option. Allowing for embedding can make it easy for others to share your videos therefore you will be increasing more inbound links towards your website. This is definitely a win for your video SEO.
Benefits of Video SEO
Now that you know the strategies in order to maximize the efficiency of your video SEO, here are some benefits to having it.
- It is eye-catching and it makes people want to click. Some studies show that search results that include videos have a higher rate for click-through. It is relatively higher compared to search results that are purely in text. Basically, this means that it is more eye-catching and can therefore generate more attention towards your website.
- It makes people stay. Some people who visit a website can easily get bored if the website is just filled with text. However, incorporating a video in your site tends to make potential customers stay around a little longer and they are more likely going to end up as a buying customer.